Spring bird art



We did art on Tuesday this week and we were THRILLED with how it turned out! I do art with my English partner (we bring all 40 kids together) and she came up with the idea of making the birds using magazine paper.



We guided them through drawing a branch with permanent marker, and then they coloured in their branch. Then they hunted in magazines for patterns and textures that they liked. They traced circles with empty plastic paint cups and then glued their birds onto the page. Then they added the little details with permanent marker. When they were done they chose a spring message - in French or English!

I've got them up on the wall in my classroom and I keep finding groups of students standing in front of them happily pointing out which birds they like. They were still talking today about how much they enjoyed doing art this week!



















No comments

Back to Top