Le son a (continued!)


Today my grade 2s started the "a" centre games! My grade 1s will do the same centres in the spring, but for now they are still working on vocabulary acquisition. 

I got some soap boxes from Dollarama to store all the alphabet tiles in:

 
They used the tiles to build words with the "a" sound. I glued the strips onto file folders before laminating the file folders to keep them together (I'm trying to get away from ziploc bags for all my centres). 


Another centre is matching: 




 

While my grade 2s were working on these, my grade 1s were practicing their fall "belles phrases". 

Here are some of the sentences they created:





This week I am teaching them "et" and "avec" so that they can extend their "belles phrases" to include more of the vocabulary that they know. 

Hope your week is going well! 




No comments

Back to Top